Thursday, August 11, 2011

If you are brave enough...

"If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting and set out on a truth-seeking journey, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared - most of all - to face some very difficult realities about yourself . . . then truth will not be withheld from you." --Eat, Pray, Love


Could there be a more perfect quote for this journey I have embarked on? I am currently sitting in a Starbucks window seat perch in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska. I've caught myself saying "y'all" and talking about how things are at home (these Nebraska residents think my state is as foreign as I think theirs is) multiple times, and every now and then I remember I won't be making the trip home for another TEN weeks. That's double the longest amount of time I've been away before. 


People keep asking if I'll get homesick, but I really don't think I will. As the saying goes, home is where your heart is, and my heart is always most satisfied on the edge of limitless possibility. If that really is the case, home is anywhere I go... 



2 comments:

  1. I am following you my Lil Gen. I love you and am beyond proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like a book elegantly bound but,
    in a language that you can't read.
    Just yet.

    ReplyDelete