Monday, December 17, 2012

Four Weeks

Just one year ago, I was attending a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship orientation in Nashville with mere daydreams of my faraway year in South Africa. I was seated by another scholar who would head to South Africa, also named Lindsey, who quickly become a very good friend of mine. We were both excited about our looming adventure, but we knew there was over a year between us and the experience of a lifetime. We spent the night talking worldwide adventures with another scholar, Waylon, who would take his first airplane flight to begin his year in Denmark much sooner. In fact, he's halfway through his Rotary year already!

Fast forward one year and here we are: four short weeks away from a travel itinerary that takes me from Bowling Green, KY to Nashville, TN to Chicago, IL to Philadelphia, PA to New York, NY to Johannesburg, South Africa to Cape Town, South Africa. 

Cape Town, South Africa
I'm dedicated to keeping this blog a bit more active, if not for my friends and family, then for myself. I know that my year in Cape Town will be filled with things worth writing about, and there's no better way to stretch an experience than to preserve it in words. 

Words for "to start a journey" include depart, embark on, sail, sally, set forth, set off, set out, start, start off, start out, strike off, hit the road, set sail. My personal favorite? Sally, which means "to leave a place to go on a journey or for a definite purpose, showing confidence and energy." Onward!





No comments:

Post a Comment